I have always discussed with my close friends the reason why I am so jaded about trust. Well for some crazy reason I have decided to make a phone call the other day to this friend.... I figure what the heck?! whats the harm in it? She probably wont answer then we'll go 6 more months without talking again and its been 13 months since I have talked to her, so whats 6 more! Right?! Besides I always get an itch about every few months to give her a ring. Boy was I wrong! In this awkward sense, I am happy about it. In another sense... am I really ready for this again? Am I ready for any of it? I have kinda formed this life that I like. Should I throw in something else into the mix? It'll be interesting to see what happens.
So anyways, I call her and we talk for about 15 minutes. Figuring the initial 5 minutes is completely awkward. She's married and has a 13 month old. Crazy stuff! I am on AOL (which I am not a big fan of in the 1st place) and she IMs me. Holy Crap! I havent used AIM in ages. So she sends me more pics of her daughter. Adorable. Needs hair lol. But still beautiful. I know she's changed. I think thats why I am kinda excited about this. But like I said, I am leerie of it too. She even said she'd come up here to get me, take me to Columbus for a couple of days then bring me back.... hmmm... I said I was really busy and that I couldnt but would definately try soon. So does an old friend become a new friend? Do I set myself up for this? I miss her. If I didnt, I wouldnt of called her (btw, if I call someone who I havent talked to in months... it says a lot, trust me!). She was that childhood friend who kinda made you grow up. Everytime I hear "No Scrubs" by TLC i think of her (not one I hear a lot lol). I am not going to put all my apple in one basket. I have learned that lesson from several situations. I am not getting excited about a whole lot these days (except my bday of course) because I am not willing to deal with the disappointment. I want to be friends. I am such a different person these days from when we were friends. She is too. She's more domesticated. She's a mommy and a wife. She still says stuff and does stuff where I just go "Yep, some things never change." but I think she'd be amazed by me too. Oh well. Time will tell.... like everything else in this life. Hmm... who wouldve thought....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
awww! you have more guts than me! i would never of called! lol hopefully it works out for you!!!! =]
Post a Comment