Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More of a Happy Blog

So lately I have written some really depressing and bleh kinda blogs lately. I have been in this funk. There are so much things going on right now, it was just consuming me. But this is a happier blog. My grandpa is out of the hospital, as of this evening, so my mom and I went and visited him and my grandma. Btw, I refer to my grandpa as papa so thats how I am going to. Anyways, so he's home and that relieves some pressure for me. Oh my gosh, I forgot how much I love going over there. My papa is this awesome hillbilly old man from West Virginia who stands about 5'4" and is just adorable! He bakes and makes the best sweets in the entire world. Actually I already made my christmas list with them and asked for choc chip cookies because there is nothing better in this entire world then HIS choc chip cookies. It would make one of the worst days feel a little better. MMM!!!!! He's definately a hillbilly though! God love him! West Virginia will always hold a special place in my heart because a lot of my family is from there and they are just a bunch of the cutest, sweetest people that I have ever met. And 4 wheeling on the hills and mountains of WV.... there's nothing like it! Hmm... I wanna go now. lol. My aunt Donna is the biggest sweetest woman in this entire world! Anyways!







So we went over there tonight and spent some time with them. They have a big german sheppard who's this big baby. You'd think that dog was their child! So freaking funny. I dunno. Their house is home to me though. Theres a weird comfort (as much as they can drive me insane!) at their house. For some reason, being their tonight specifically, it brought back memories from being a kid. I dont know. Maybe because I haven't been there since Easter but still. It was so nice to see both of them and just spend time with them. Okay Picture time!




This is my papa! He is amazingly cute!!! I obviously absolutely adore him. He's using one of those rock candy stirrers to add sugar to his coffee. He's diabetic so he shouldnt be having it so my grams (as I call her) took it away from him. LMAO! It was hilarious with his facial expression because he looked like a little kid when she took it. He had a puzzled face and had that look like i want it innocent face.




This is my grams. She's looking at pics on my mom's cell. She's a funny one in herself. Very proper woman though so when shes a goofball... its weird but enjoyable! We call her Grandma Godzilla sometimes too. Long story why.









This is Bear, the german sheppard. Hard pic to take because he is so dark and he would not look at me. The pinkness is his tongue. He's cute.
MMM! Nothing like some Homemade German Chocolate Cake, made by my papa! He makes the cake by scratch and he made the frosting by scratch too!!! YUMMM! How jealous are you?! I was born in a family full of awesome cooks! That is a pokemon jelly jar by the way. HAHAHA growing up, my grams always saved old jelly jars (the little-med size ones) and turned them into glasses. At least I think they are jelly jars? Thats what they always reminded me of. I know the ones that we drank out of as kids were because it said smuckers on them. Oh the memories! Everytime I go over there, mind you I am 24, I will get a glass of water out of one of those. Ill pass everything up for a glass of water for that. It's like being a kid when I am there.

This is Amanda. Her and I went out for pie and I took a pic of her to send to her new little boyfriend. They're not together but they're talking. She looks like an eskimo. I call her sassafrass because of how sassy she is. I also have been calling her amanda lou. She's one of my coworkers and one of my really good friends!


No comments: