Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Economy

Very rarely will I sit down and write something down that has to do with politics or world views or anything like that. I figure, who wants to listen and society has their own viewpoints on everything that is going around. I'll be honest and say that I hate watching the news. I do sometimes because I live at home with my folks still and my dad is hooked on CNN like children are hooked on phonics. It's just how it is but we are in this scary time right now and I think I am going to vent my own. It's not very educational so if you think you are going to read something that's going to hold your interest or even hold facts--- dont hold your breathe.
I was on the phone today with a friend and she told me how she got laid off today. My dad was laid off on and off for the past 6 months. It's been a really tough time and I try to help out when I can. My mom got a job (which was really good for her) to help out and my dad does side work. They're doing pretty good. A lot of people I know are getting laid off, been laid off, or do not have good job security. I work at subway. It's not the best place for a "24" year old to work at but it pays the bills and I get treated like gold. They are very flexible with anything that I ever need. Anyways, it got me thinking. I work in the restaurant business. People get laid off or lose jobs and that means "Hmmm I wont be able to go the restaurant because I cannot afford it". Which brings me to in 6 months to a year am I going to have a job? Am I going to be able to afford my bills? It is such a scary time right now and I fear that we will be hitting a depression in the next few years or even maybe a year. It makes me kick myself in the @$$ because I shouldnt of bought this this or this and shouldve saved my money. I am far from rich. I struggle like most people, I just dont have as much to pay for but once again in comparison--- look at where I work. I also rarely talk about it. I try to help when I can with whatever but the economy sucks right now. I keep seeing flickers of information about the DOW. That's some scary stuff right there. When I hear it drops like it does sometimes, it frightens me. Then I get other pieces of information about the economy and I have finally come to the "I dont want to watch the news" because its scary to think about it all. Anytime CNN is on and my dad watches it, I zone out. I leave my surroundings and just sorta go off into my own daydream.
See told you... nothing educational. It reminds me of a quote that I just found on my phone and from a TV Show (One Tree Hill) episode I saw and it was along the lines of someone saying "You're too young to think that everything's not going to be okay." I am 24 and my whole life ahead of me and some days I just say that to myself though. I am not as naive as I come off and I am sure as hell not as dumb as I come off to be. I may not make any sense when I write or when I speak but thats because my brain's going a mile a minute and also I am usually thinking about 30 or 40 different things at once so I am really spacey.I am really quiet these days too.


But in happy news, I will be able to work on my scrapbook tonight and get all the things I need done done because I do not have work until tomorrow evening. My bday is in 9 days (9 days people! Single digits!) so thats always a really exciting time for me. I am excited but stressed about it too. Oh I am getting super tired right now and starting to fall asleep at the PC. Later

No comments: