Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with the old, In with the New

Out with the Old and In with the New

If you know me, we all know New Years is not my favorite time of year. Actually, I am pretty negative about it. Everyone has a holiday that they dislike, and if you dont, I cannot be as perky as you lol. But anyways, dont worry, this is not going to be a negative blog. Quite the opposite actually.

2009 is going to bring me a lot of promise I hope. I am trying to be optimistic about this new year. 2008 definately was the ultimate coaster ride. I thought '06 was and '08 is definately up there with it. A LOT more new experiences--- good and bad. A lot of situations that I have never dealt with before that I had to learn how to deal with fast and grow from it. 08 kept me in check. I became an adult in 08, not so much in 03. lol. Yes I still live at home with mommy and daddy but my maturity level has changed. My lifestyle has changed. I have have changed. I have grown so much just since my birthday. OMG thats where I did most of my growing.
I usually despise New Years. I still do lol, I wont lie. I get super depressed on today and it'll last till tomorrow evening but I have my reasonings for it and lets just leave it at that. But I usually despise the New Years Resolutions too. Stupid. People arent going to permanently change from it. But I am now one of those people. I am going to attempt it. I am going to try to better myself consciously instead of "just going with the flow". Ha what a perfect start to this:
Katie's 2009 New Years Resolutions:

*Dont go with the flow so much. Dont think that everything will be okay if you just let it go. (this is me talking to myself). I have had a lot of sadness from this philosophy. It's a wonderful one to be honest because it keeps peace and things are a lot more relaxed but with this one comes questions-- what ifs? So if I start asking more questions, telling more of what I feel instead of throwing it on the back burner hoping itd disappear. It's not healthy. Its created so much stress and anxiety.

*Lose weight. Oh the age old resolution! I need to. I want to be "hot". lol. Actually I learned that "beautiful" is the best thing to be called. Says a lot. I have had several discussions with people about hot vs beautiful vs gorgeous. I am 24 years old and I have ehhh for self esteem. My self perspective is not so good though in the looks department. I am a smart girl. I have a brain. I am ditzy but I am smart. I have huge goals for myself. Losing weight not so much to be hot I guess, but I want to be healthy. I want tone. I want definition. I want to walk into a room and not wonder if people are judging me. It's hard for a girl to deal with.

* Out with the old and in with the new. New years is about starting fresh. I am taking a deep breath at midnight and getting rid of the clutter. Clutter being cleaning and being drama

*Family time. Yes I am a family oriented person but I need to make more time for certain members. As some of you may know, my grandpa is very sick. I need to spend time with him. I am not spending 1/2 as much as I should. I love the man dearly and I need to do it. I get so consumed over lifes little tribulations that I dont enjoy the things I need/should/deserve to enjoy.

*Save money. I want to be moved out before I am 25.

*Work on bettering me.

3 fun things are going to happen this year though: Put N Bay and all the islands in April; vay-cay to Washington D.C. in the summer; and a wedding to be in in September! Happy 25 to me. Lets hope more fun will be added to this list!

So those are just a few goals, not so much resolutions although they're basically the same things. So these are my goals. This is my new outlook to just take a deep breath and "take one disaster at a time" lol as my dad always says. Theres a few things that are bothering me right now but not a dang thing I can do about it so not even worth discussing. I hope you all have a wonderful new years eve and enjoy 2009 to it's fullest! Happy New Year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I THINK THOSE ARE GREAT GOALS TO WORK TOWARDS!!!! I COULD HELP WITH THE WEIGHT STUFF!!! GET OUR BUTTS BACK ON THE WII FIT BOARD!!! AND ALL THAT FUN STUFF! HELL, I WILL DROP THE GIRLS OFF WITH YOU FOR 3 DAYS A WEEK, THAT WILL KEEP YOU THIN!! LOL I TOTALLY <3 U!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! =]