I am not a religious person. I'll be the first person to admit to it. I do believe in God though. I do believe in miracles too. Where is all this stemming from? So I obviously am dealing a lot with my grandpa. I dont know if it's because I am helping with this youth group for the church my family goes to or if its just my own personal thoughts that have made me think about what I am about to say... which isnt really a big deal... but I think miracles do happen. Looking back 2 months ago and thinking how my grandpa was and looking at him last week is like looking at 2 totally different people. He has his coloring back. His coughing isnt horrendous. Does he still have the cancer? yes. Is it still a really bad situation? yes. Are steroids a life saver in his case? yes. I prayed almost every day for 2 months that he would get better. I prayed for him. I prayed for my family. I prayed for myself. I know it sounds cheesy and I really feel cheesy for even thinking this but I honestly think that the power of prayer helped. I know others prayed for him too and I am more grateful than I can ever say but I really do believe it. Hopefully Ill have some more time with him :).
So why is this blog called praying hands? Growing up and heading to my grandparents house, my grandma was huge into praying hands. I will never find out why (Ive asked my grandpa and my parents and no one seems to have a straight answer for me) but it was always a symbolism in their house. My grandparents... religious but not strict. Actually, I dont remember them going to church, although I am sure they did at one point. Anyways, my grandma had an old man with his head resting on his praying hands picture in the dining room. At the top of her stairway was a beautiful table w/ a drawer that had a mini statue of praying hands--- behind the hands was the bible. If you go see her, on her stone has flowers and praying hands. I have become very spiritual lately. I dont know whats up?! But for some unknown reason I have been more at peace in the last 2 or 3 days then ever. I am still moody and myself but I have this odd calmness over me too. I cannot really explain it. Oh well. I just wanted to share whats been on my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is God. He is in control of things... not you... worrying and fretting over everything wont change the situation.. only God can.
God is wonerful!
Post a Comment