Living in this lovely area, its been really cold and really snowy! I am not a huge fan of snow, as I have exclaimed to many many many people. I think its pretty and I like riding on snowmobiles but thats about as far as I go. But I will admit, the other day I felt like I was in a snow globe!
Some real quick happy/ sad news then I'll get to some of the fun I have been having. My grandpa has unfortunately had his lung cancer spread (its into his lymph nodes) which is absolutely horrible BUT he is going to get radiation!!!! YAY!!!! I didnt think he'd do it. I am so surprised he did it. My grandfather is so headstrong that I was amazed. He's one of those pain in the butt but gotta love him people that pretty much beyond ornery lol. I love it though! I went over the other day and I asked him how he was and he's like Ornery. I am like "Good, thats how I like ya!" and he just chuckled. The radiation will unfortunately not be able to really help the cancer but it will help kill the pneumonia he wouldve had in the next couple of weeks. So that's the silver lining. But the biggest and best silver lining from it all.... It buys time!!! With the radiation it buys us more time with him. THANK GOD!!! I am seriously thanking Him so much because it means the world to me to have as much time with him as I can! I was expecting a few weeks because before this week, he was 'headstrong' about not taking the radiation. Then I find this out and Hallelujah! I thank my lucky stars, which for a couple of months my lucky stars were starting to dim and almost burn out. I have been confused/depressed over a few things and then when this came about I was pretty much in a full blown depression because, like I have said, my grandpa is my hero.
Me and my grandpa at the family reunion this summer. I love him so much and he's such a cutie! Love the pack of cigs in his shirt pocket.... I could so be the poster child for a non smoking ad. I have never smoked a day in my life and never plan on it. But this is my cute adorable orny but loving grandpa who I absolutely beyond a doubt adore!
***********************************
BUT enough about that, one for the tears factor and two because this is a happy blog :). So last night I went down to a local bar that I often attend (and dont drink, i am not really big into drinking) and did "celebrity bartending"!!! Omg so glad that I did it!!! My cousin works at the bar that it was done (you sign up for a day and then get to work with the bartender, usually you do it on a day you want your bartender to work) so of course we were going to do it together. Jamie, my cousin, and I are best friends so it was pretty much known right there that I was going to do it with her. I love all the other girls but c'mon! So I get there last night, 20 min early due to my ride, and yay!!!! they're all excited to see me (my cousin and Stacey whos the manager but she loves me :) ). So I now know how to make a few drinks, yum!, and I got to have some amazing time with 2 of my favorite people there. Other than a brief conversation out in the ally way (with my cousin, we were talking about my grandpa, and I got kinda sad) it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! I was so nervous at first and by the end of the night, I was really comfortable. Yay!!! They love me. :). Stacey said that my work is in some trouble because they might come steal me lol. She was obviously joking but I loved her for saying it. A great great ego boost :)
Here are some pictures:
This is me in the bathroom. I look a little tired and maybe not so much sober. This was towards the end of the night I think. I do drink occassionally but not often!
Me and my cousin Jamie behind the bar. My finger was in the way lol. I love her so much :)
Jamie and Stacey. Oh the silly girls that they are! I love them so much. We had a blast. I thanked them a lot for last night!

Me and one of my best friends Stephanie being us lol.

Me making a stupid face and ruining the picture with my friend Matt. I didnt think she clicked it yet and I was giving my friend a hard time and she took it so I ended up with this lol. Matt's a cutey and no I am not interested in him.
My brother and his ex girlfriend but still friend playing games.
One of my longest friends I have ever had. Actually her dad and my dad are best friends and her dad is technically supposed to be my godfather (I was never baptised). This is me and my Lindsay. It was really exciting to have her up there because I rarely get to see her and she is like my sister. Plus I can make a mean vodka and cranberry! lol
Well because this picture wants to be difficult, I gotta put this one on top. This is Lindsay again with her boyfriend Neal. They were playing on the "crack machine" which is the game machine but thats what people call it around here. Neal is actually my brother's best friend (my brother set these 2 up). Theyre cute together but SOOOOO different! But opposites attract!








2 comments:
lol GOOOOOO FORTS BEST CELEB BARTENDER!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! lol, sorry couldnt make it out!!! Ya know the drill, no damn baby sitters, plus it was good quality time with my hubby!!!! =] call me tomorrow!!! =]
I hope you are having a Wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Many blessings to you and your family. Please stop by my blog when you have the chance. I have an award for you. Take care!
Jennifer(Crooked-Needle Primitives)
Post a Comment