Thursday, March 26, 2009

Take Advantage

Take advantage of the little gifts that God blesses you with. Okay, my non-religious self is definately turning into a religious person. I have been blessed through God to be able to talk to him today on the phone and I am going to be able to go over there this evening and spend some time with him. Is he gonna be awake? Mary said that the morphine didnt come in (the big dosage one) so its another setback day. HALLELIEUYAH (?) for that lol. I know that sounds F-d up but lemme explain. He's conscious today. The past 3 days have been hell. I cannot even explain the emotional state that I have been. I even went out last night to see my cousin for a few to get outta the house because I have literally done nothing but be with family and stay home. I didnt even have a huge desire last night to come out (which is amazing) but I forced myself for a little bit of normalcy and so I didnt keep thinking about it. His coloring the other day was this odd shade of gray and his face was droopy. He could barely move. He hasnt eaten or drank anything. Today he had 2 cups of coffee, my aunt said!! Praise the Lord!!! I am serious. I have some weird calmness in me today that I am very much so taking advantage of. This has been very heart-wrenching on me and many occasions I thought that I was going to lose my mind. But today he is okay, in a senile state of mind (which is going to be fun because were both senile when we're together), and I get another day with my best friend.
I have to thank EVERYONE for praying for my family and I. I cannot exclaim my love and thanks enough. I really do believe this is God's gift to us to be able to have a day or two (or more hopefully) more with him and enjoy his prescense on Earth. I think the prayers are working. Is he any better? No. Actually, no nurse or my family understands it. It's something called Rallying where its a day or two of good days before the "crash" as my aunt put it. Shoot! Ill take it!!! I didnt think that I could handle seeing what I saw but my aunt and my mom's best friend said that today would be a good day to see him. I love that man more than life itself and I am so happy/ecstatic that I can have a good day with him. Hopefully no grayness, no coughing, nothing negative. Just me and him. Just us.

God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I <3 U. Sorry I missed 2 of your calls!!!! I am a terrible BF!!!! Last night J had friends over and we were playing guitar hero.. I didn't even know you called until I looked at my phone at 230!!! ugh,I gotta stop staying up so late!


I am glad you are ok today (your grandpa too!!!!) call me tomorrow when you wake up!!! =]

HUUGGGSsss. I love you!